It doesn't get much more magical than this.
Every year in early September, the sunflower field at Colby Farm puts on quite a show - weather permitting, of course ;) This was our third year visiting. It's a tradition we really love and look forward to.
The sunflowers were gorgeous this year and we lucked out with perfect weather. It felt like we stepped into a beautiful painting.
This was a random outtake from James' phone camera. My photo outtakes are usually pretty bad with funny faces or weird expressions but I love this one. I love the feel of it.
Visiting this beautiful sunflower field is always a highlight for us during September. We already can't wait to go back. I hope you'll have a chance to visit too!
1. Bring bug spray! The mosquitoes are pretty thirsty.
2. Go earlier during the day or go on a weekday to avoid the crowds. This sunflower field has become quite famous over the years.
3. The blooms typically last a week depending on the weather. Call or check their website for current updates.
4. Don't be discouraged if there are a lot of people. You can still find areas to take nice photos without others in your shots. Believe it or not, there were a lot of people around us but with patience and good timing, we were able to capture it as if we had the field to ourselves :)
5. Stop by the farm store to buy fresh locally grown produce and support this wonderful farm.